Let’s face it, studying abroad is very terrifying, especially if you’re a young student trying to make your way in this world. Which is why you’ll need all the help you can get! We will provide a simple walkthrough on how to apply for a student visa to Australia.
Not only that, here in Excel Education, we provide FREE guidance and assistance to applying for your student visa as well! So do contact us! We’d be happy to help!
You Can Apply Online!
You heard that right! The digital age is upon us and applying for visas is easier than ever! Firstly, you will need to create an account – your ImmiAccount – at DIBP’s online application system.
You will need to provide your name, your email address and phone number.
Once you’ve submitted your application, you will be given a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) to track your application status online.
Make Sure You Applied for an Institution
Before applying for a student visa, you must have applied for an institution for you studies, and be accepted. This is because you will need your proof of enrolment (your Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment) as part of your application document.
If you are going to commit to 2 or more programmes, for example, you’ve applied for an undergraduate degree and an English proficiency programme, you are required to have proof of enrolment for each.
The Documents You’ll Need
Firstly, you must make sure everything is in digital format. Furthermore, the documents you need is different depending on your nationality and the course you choose to study. So make sure you confirm this with your education counselor, or you can ask us.
Generally, you will need:
- Proof of enrolment (your Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment) for each of the programmes you’re studying
- Your health insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover) policy details
- Your Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Evidence of your English skills
- Statement of purpose
- Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare).
- A valid passport
- Visa application fee
- Academic and work experience documents
- Parental consent if you are under 18 years old
When to apply?
Your application should be submitted no later than 6 weeks before the start of your programme, and no earlier than 12 weeks.
Some regulations to uphold
Even though you have successfully gotten your student visa, there are a few conditions to maintain so your visa can remain valid:
- Must remain enrolled and maintain satisfactory grades and attendance throughout your course
- Provide the address of your residence to your university or college (and update them a new one if you move)
- Be able to financially support yourself throughout the duration of your stay in Australia
- Do not breach the working terms of your visa
If you wish to change the qualifications of your visa, you can ask your school’s counsellor for that information, and prepare the necessary documents. There may also be an interview held for the student visa change, so you should prepare for that as well.
Hopefully this can help you to further your studies! To apply or submit any enquiries, please contact us!
International Student enquiries:
For more stories like this, join the Excel Education community on Facebook
Need help with your uni application? Connect with us here
About Post Author
A content writer & a student of University of Nottingham studying Bachelor of Communications. I like indie bands and meeting new people 🙂